Friday, January 28, 2011

So This Is Love

Two days ago, I was having a really bad day. I came home from school, and collapsed on the love sac, completely drained and wanting to bawl my eyes out. It was one of those days. Seth snuggled up to me and did his best to comfort me, but realized I was really down. He left for a bit, and came back with... Cheesecake and Flowers!!!

In case you didn't know, cheesecake is my one true weakness. It's my favorite food. Not dessert. Food. And getting flowers is my favorite thing in the world! 


He gave me two white roses, a red rose, a couple sprays of sweet purple waxflowers, and a stem with three gorgeous lilies (my favorite flower)! Only one is open in this picture, but the others are starting to bloom! This picture looks a little funny, because we didn't have a small enough vase to hold them all together, but they really are so gorgeous.

Yes, this husband of mine is amazing. Totally brightened my day and made me feel like the most special girl in the world. My heart melted. (I'm sure that was partially due to the mass amount of cheesecake that I consumed.)


* * *


The next day, we learned how to wrap bouquets for my floral design class. So I came home with even more flowers! 


I chose the colors to go with the ones Seth had already given me, including more of the purple waxflowers (the small light purple filler flowers around the center of the arrangment). Since I'd loved receiving flowers so much the day before, I decided to give this bouquet to him. 


Sigh... Isn't he so cute??


They smell SO good.

I put all the flowers in together, and... voila! A huge beautiful bouquet! 


Now every time I walk through my kitchen, I catch the amazing scent this thing puts off. Especially the sweet brooms (the small lavender flowers on the left.) I swear, it makes me feel so alive and cheerful!


So technically, this is not the best arrangement ever. There isn't really a focal point because there is so much going on. It could be the lily, or the roses, or the gerbera. But I just love it. Since the color pallet is pretty monochromatic, it highlights the unique textures of all the different flowers, and the crazy mixture makes it look less stiff and contrived. Mostly, I love it because it was made my by sweetheart and me. 


We love each other. 


*amber*

2 comments:

  1. Um. This is way too cute. A+ for good couple relationships ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is BEAUTIFUL! I don't think there always needs to be a focal point :) Just lots of pretty pretty flowers that smell good :) I'm so glad my brother is such an awesome hubby for you! You are PERFECT for him ;) You two are just adorable together and it makes my heart SOOOOO happy!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails