Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My (not so) Secret Hobby



So... basically anyone who knows me will soon come to realize that I LOVE weddings. No seriously, I am obsessed. I worked at a reception center when I was 13 and I think that's where it all began... I saw all kinds of weddings. I even worked at one on Halloween that was completely decked out and everyone had to wear costumes. They had a creepy grim reaper organist and a cake covered in bugs and cobwebs everywhere and the lights dimmed and the bride, dressed as a zombie bride or something, emerged from a cloud of fog. It was intense. I missed trick-or-treating but SO worth it! Haha when else would I have an experience like that?? I love creativity in weddings so when it came time to plan my own, I had a complete BLAST. I didn't do anything outrageous but most of the creativity for me came from putting together a wedding that was affordable but I would still look at years later and remember as beautiful. You can see pictures of our reception here.

Anyway, part of me thought that after I had my own wedding, some of my obsession would wear off. WRONG. Now I just know more about wedding planning which has possibly made the obsession worse. I love when I find something creative or unique that someone has done for a wedding. Today I found a good one that I just wanted to share. You can read the original story here, (Copywrite: Joann Goddard at A Cup of Jo) but here's most of it. (Plus I just LOVE the artwork.)





"Illustrator Guy Shield knew he wanted to propose to his beautiful girlfriend Liz, but he didn't know how. Then, late one night, an idea struck him: He could draw a comic strip that would look normal, but, when folded up, would cleverly spell out "Will you marry me?"

"Guy covertly worked for days, weeks, months on the comic, and finally, during a trip to Bali, he was ready to pop the question. "When the day came, I was a nervous wreck," he says. "After necking a beer at a nearby bar, I laid the piece across the hotel bed and asked Liz to fold it together." As she read the final message, he brought out the ring and dropped to one knee."

How Cute is that??? I know... props Guy Shield.

*amber*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails