Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mama Mia! It has been a long time!

So here's my excuse. Last Sunday, I started writing a super long (even for me) post about Christmas and New Years and wishing everyone a late Merry Christmas because I didn't before then and... needless to say that post was never completed. For the sake of your sanity as well as mine, I will not put you through reading the novel I wrote about our holidays. Instead, I decided to move on and start fresh with the new year. Sorry if you really wanted to hear about everything that has happened the past month (haha all 4 of you who follow this blog.) However, I will include a selection of pictures and an EXTREMELY condensed recap of our adventure in WA. Christmas Eve, Seth and I tried to take a picture and his camera died. And mine is permanently dead (I lost my charger and the one I ordered from ebay never came) so all of the pictures we have are from Dad Dickson... Photographer Extraordinaire!
Thanks Dad!Christmas morning in our matching pj's from the Christmas Fairy! :)We got to spend some quality time eating Vietnamese food and bowling with Trev and Kels. Loved seeing Megan and Lee and playing with our ADORABLE nieces.Opened some amazing presents.Addie helped us break in our new skillet by pretending to make cookies in it.Sunday after Christmas, Megan, Lee and the girls came over again. Zoe joined us when we escaped to read our books and took pictures with our phones.Sunday night... TIM TAM SLAM!!! For those of you who don't know what this is... come over.Our last day in WA, we visited the glass museum in Tacoma.
And visited Trevor at his job in the gift shop.
Then we took a ferry to Seattle. "I'm flying!"
And took some nice pictures.
My first view of Seattle
We went to Pike's Place on the waterfront.
It was a cool little market.

Then, straight to the airport and home to Utah.

There you go. There's some of what happened over our break. At least what was captured on film.

Now... 2010!!! Holy Cow!!! We have been back to school for a week (even though everyone else goes back tomorrow...) and so far I am liking my classes, but am WAY busier than last semester. If you haven't heard, I have a new job! I'm working at BYU Broadcasting and I'm really liking it. As for classes, I'm taking Italian, Masterpieces of English Literature, Women's Studies, Doctrine and Covenants, Judaism and the Gospel, and some online classes. On top of that, I bought a pass to take some aerobics classes! One of my New Year's resolutions was to work out at least twice a week. AT LEAST. Seth and I have a new calling as well. We are teaching the 12-13 year old Sunday School class. We've been liking it so far but they are so funny! Last week, the boy that said the prayer prayed that we would all get sick so we wouldn't have to go to school the next day. Haha It took everything I had not to laugh! Oh, and I'm choreographing my sister's solo and a lyrical dance for a group of girls.

So... basically I have a lot more going on than last semester. Last semester I had class... then go home. However, I still felt busy all the time but never felt like I was accomplishing anything. I'm hoping by staying busier, I'll be more efficient. We'll see how it goes... I'm staying optimistic :)

Ok now, Italian! In case you weren't aware, I am completely OBSESSED with Italian. I love the language and think it's beautiful and I have dreamed of going to Italy as long as I can remember. I could go on and on about how much I love everything that has anything to do with Italy... but I'll spare you. Instead, I will just tell you that I decided to start taking lessons and so far I am LOVING it! But struggling... which is to be expected I suppose. Be forewarned: in the near future I may start using Italian words at random.

On the Italian note, yesterday we watched La Bella Vita (aka Life is Beautiful) which Seth got me for Christmas and is one of my favorite movies of all time. No matter how many times I see it, the end always kills me. I was bawling like a baby (Seth cried too... sh, don't tell hehe.) LOVE that movie.

Um... so I think all this business is making me extremely scatter brained so I feel like there's more to write but not I'm not sure what so I think I will end now, while I'm ahead. Excuse my randomness and babbling.

Oh, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (half a month late... better than never, right?)

*amber*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails