Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Update

Grandpa is now out of surgery and everything appears to be going well. His brain still hasn't moved back over but it should with some time. Thank you for your prayers. Keep him in your hearts so his recovery will go well.

My mom finally got back to me and answered all my questions because I was completely in the dark about everything. I didn't know about the accident he got it but I found out that before Christmas, he was walking to Home Depot and, on the way home, slipped on some ice and fell. He was holding bags so he couldn't get his hands under him and hit his head. He was bleeding and stuff but if you know my Grandpa, you know how tough he is so it didn't really phase him too much. January 2, they went out of town. While they were gone, he got a bad headache but didn't think too much of it. Then yesterday, my Grandma was talking to Grandpa's brother and told him about his weird symptoms and he told her to call the doctor right away. He waited 2 1/2 hours to get in (for head trauma... really?) When he finally got in, they found what they said was the biggest hematoma they'd ever seen. Then they rushed him to a different hospital, then a different one today. He got into surgery late but it sounds like everything went well so we are all relieved and hope it continues to get better from here.

My mom said it was so weird seeing her dad in the hospital, lying down in a hospital gown. That is so not him. He is the most hardworking man in the world and is ALWAYS on the go and helping someone. He is such a great man and I love him so much. Seth and I got to visit him and my Grandma on Saturday and we had so much fun talking to them.

Anyway, needless to say, today was a bit of a rough day. I cried alot more than I probably should have, especially with the little information I had (which in a way, made it worse because I was scared and didn't know what was happening.) Seth said a prayer and spent some time talking to and comforting me. I love that man. He is so good for me.

On to the lighter part of the story... So when my Grandpa was taken to the second hospital, my aunt Tya and uncle Brandon were preparing to leave the same hospital. And they didn't know my Grandpa was there! (Grandma didn't tell everyone til today.) Anyway, the reason they were there was because... We have a new member of our family!!! Baby Jocelyn was born on the 14th. We got to see her on Saturday too and she is the sweetest thing!



Congratulations to the new parents!!!

So that's what's going on in our family right now. I'm sure there will be more updates in the near future. But for now, everything feels a little better.

Oh, and while I was all upset about my Grandpa, I really needed to do something to take my mind off it so I started a new project. I'm remaking one of my shirts! So far it's looking pretty good... I'll post pictures when I'm done.


*amber*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails