Friday, January 29, 2010

I feel obligated to say something... but what??

Well it's been a while since I've written anything. So much has been going on but, for some reason, I feel like there's nothing to write. Really, I think my brain is just overloaded. I've kind of been in a blah mood lately so that might have something to do with it as well.

Anyway... to update on the situation with Grandpa, things were really scary there for awhile after he came out of surgery, but now he is back awake and working on recovering at a rehabilitation center. We are so grateful for all the prayers and thoughts. (If you want the whole story, feel free to ask. It's pretty long.)

As for what we've been up to lately, basically school and working. We've started this new thing where we do something fun every night along with our homework. I will admit, some nights it totally distracts us from what we should be doing... but it helps relieve the stress and makes our evenings more enjoyable. For example, last night I did some baking (practicing an idea I had for Valentines Day) and we watched the new BBC miniseries of Jane Austen's "Emma". If you missed it on tv (we did because we don't get tv :( not even the local channels) you can watch it online here.

I
loved it. But then, I love mostly everything from that genre. And Miss Austen.
Other than that, I can hardly remember what else has been going on. Time seems to be moving so quickly and the days are all a blur. I could swear it's still Monday. But no, it's Friday! Huzzah!!! I have a feeling this weekend's going to be a good one. Here are the plans:

Saturday:
  • 8:00 am (That's right... 8 on a Saturday!) go up to Salt Lake to teach the two dances I am choreographing this year.
  • Possibly stop by my house to visit my adorable little cousins because my mom has them for the weekend.
  • Possibly also visit my bestie Lauren and catch up because we never see each other anymore.
  • Stake Conference at 2:00.
  • Straight from Conference to the Temple.
  • Girls' Night with my old roommates. We also have lots of catching up to do so we planned a fondue night. Cheese, Tempura, and Chocolate. Mmmmm... I can hardly wait.

Sunday:

  • Wake up.
  • Realize we don't have church for a few more hours.
  • Go back to bed.
  • Wake up and realize we forgot to set an alarm so we have to rush to get ready.
  • Go to church and teach our awesome Sunday school class.
  • Be told we are the most awesome teachers ever because we bring them candy (this on may or may not happen... it's my fantasy of Sunday ok?)

and.... We'll see what else. Happy weekend everyone!

Coming soon: My ultimate domination of DI shopping.

*amber*

PS: I apologize for the scatterbrained-ness and blah-ness. I'm working on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails