Saturday, October 24, 2009

2 Months! New Yummies! 1 Week! and Dancing!


Wednesday was our 2 month anniversary!!! Holy cow, it seems so crazy that we've been married for 2 months! In some ways it feels so much shorter, but in some ways it feels like we've been married for years. To celebrate, we headed up the canyon to see the leaves because it was a sunny day and we wanted to enjoy what was possibly one of the last nice days of the fall. However, by the time we got up there, the sun had sunk behind a cloud. But we still had fun driving through the canyon looking at leaves and waterfalls. Then we went out to dinner. Can you believe it? Seth had never been to Macaroni Grill! Tragic, I know. So we decided to remedy that problem right away. We had a good time and some yummy yummy food. After dinner we stood up and... BAM! You know how people always say they feel like they're gonna pop? Well, after dinner, I was literally SURE I was close to popping. I don't know how my stomach let me get away with eating that much (we had two loafs of bread, an appetizer, a pasta entree each, and a big piece of super rich chocolate cake. And several refills of water.) Oh my goodness, my stomach was filled to its maximum capacity. I couldn't even eat the mint I got at the end of the meal because I was sure it would send me over the edge. WOW. But hey, I'm just getting prepped. Thanksgiving, here I come :) Anyway, it was a great anniversary and it was so nice to just get out of the house and go on a nice date again. I love you so much sweetheart! Happy two months!

Second item on the agenda (the topics follow the title. And I AM limiting myself to 4 paragraphs. I always get carried away writing on this thing) is that last night, Seth and I had an absolutely WONDERFUL snack. Before he got home from work, I decided to whip up a little treat from a new recipe. Here's it is in case you want it. I would have posted pictures because they even LOOK yummy... but alas they were eaten too quickly... So here you go!
Raspberry Coconut Bars
3/4 c. Butter
3/4 c. Brown Sugar
1/4 c. Granulated Sugar
1 c. All Purpose Flour
2 c. Sweetened Coconut
1 1/2 c. Quick Oatmeal
3/4 c. Raspberry Preserves
Preheat oven to 375. Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until fluffy. Add flour, 1 cup coconut, and oatmeal. Mix together. Set aside 1 cup of dough. Press remaining dough evenly over bottom of a 9x13" pan. Spread raspberry preserves over the dough. Crumble remaining dough over the preserves. Sprinkle 1 cup of coconut over the dough. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
You can eat them as bars or here is my suggestion: Once they are cooled and have been cut, reheat a square. Top with softened vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberries. (We didn't have the raspberries but I was fantasising about them and I'm positive they would be amazing. It's good with just ice cream too.)
Third, and crucially important item: ONE WEEK TIL HALLOWEEN!!! Ok people, it's crunch time. Make sure your costumes are ready and your houses stocked with candy. I love Halloween, can you tell?? I LOVE dressing up and part of me wishes Halloween came more than once a year so I could use more of my awesome costume ideas. This year, Seth and I are being... oops! I can't tell you. I like to keep my costumes a surprise. However, here are some hints. It has to do with one of Seth's favorite games. And for part of my costume, I will be wearing my sister's dance costume from when she was 10. Here it is (Alyse is the one on the right.)
Ok ok, yes I am wearing a 10 year old's costume. So what?? Don't judge me! Haha but have you guessed it yet? I doubt it. Today we are going up to Sandy and I will have access to my mom's sewing machine so I can finish our costumes!

Speaking of dance costumes, but mostly dancing, the reason we're going to Sandy today is because I am practicing with my sister! Last year, I was able to choreograph her solo. It was such a fun experience and amazing to watch her grow as a dancer. Here is a video of her solo last year. It is to "The Call" by Regina Spektor.

(video coming soon. my computer likes be crazy sometimes.)

Anyway, I am SO excited to be able to choreograph again this year and I think our idea for this year will be awesome. Today should be a good indicator. I miss dancing a lot so choreography is SO much fun for me. I'm so excited! And tonight, Seth and I are going to Odyssey's Thriller up in Salt Lake. If you haven't heard of it, it's a Halloween show put on by Salt Lake's (arguably) best contemporary dance company. The show is AWESOME and I go every year. Exciting crazy day. Whoo! Happy Saturday everyone, I'm off to finish up a normal weekend's worth of stuff before we have to leave. Toodloo!

*amber*

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I know Seth likes Monopoly a lot (only because he somehow wins every time... he-hem.) But I am at a loss :) Have a super fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it is.....HAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails