Monday, October 26, 2009

A Little Q&A Action

So my sister in law just tagged me in this question thing on her blog. Usually I don't do these things but hey, I'm on a roll with this blog! (In one month, I've created more posts for this blog than I did on my old blog in a year!) Plus, I just don't really want to do my homework at the moment. So here goes...


1. Favorite Season: Autumn. I love the richness of the sun, especially on crisp afternoons, the deep colors, crunching leaves, freshly harvested vegetables, breaking out the cozy sweaters, scarfs, and boots, Halloween costumes, free candy :), little kids playing in the leaves and their cute cold weather clothes, the very natural but with almost a hint of spicy smells, and the reappearance of hot chocolate in my life. There is just something magical about Autumn. It is a time that I can look back on the past year and reflect. I could keep going but basically, I loved everything about the season. Oh, and as far as style (as it is often referred to,) I'm an Autumn :)


2. Favorite physical feature: His smile. When he is really really happy, his whole face literally lights up and it makes my day. I love seeing him smile more than almost anything. Or when it's like a content or "I love you smile" (which is the best kind of smile,) his face just has a softness that absolutely radiates whatever he is feeling. I love it. I love him :) Oh you were asking the question about me? My eyes I guess. If you look at them, they have almost every color in them. They are predominantly green or blue or grey (and look different with different outfits,) but there is also a lot of gold and I've found some brown and even purple! And sometimes if I wear the right outfit, the crazy colors come out too.


3. Chore you most detest: All of them. No, that's not true, sometimes I like doing some chores. Sometimes. I guess putting away laundry. Doing the laundry itself is great and I think i just love the smells. But once it's done, we are always too busy to put it right away so it becomes this ominous chore that it seems always needs to be done... that's why someday I plan on inventing a machine where you hang up your clothes in one side, they are washed and dried on their hangers, the mechanically moved to the other half which is the closet. Viola! Clean laundry!


4. Color your hair regularly?: Never have. I have considered it a couple times but I knew I would never keep up on it so it would grow out and look bad. But besides that, I like the hair color God gave me! And even when I've wanted to color it, the colors haven't been far off my natural color (once I wanted honey-ish highlights with my hair color still, and once I wanted to go a shad darker.) Plus, I'm a little bit of an all natural girl... ask Seth, he'll tell you all about it haha.


5. Top item on your wish list: Money. So we wouldn't be so poor and so we could travel and stuff. Haha that would be nice but really... hm.... I don't know, maybe a flip? And that's probably just because I was looking at them last night but they're these nifty little video cameras that record in HD and have little USB's that "flip" out so you can upload your video directly to your computer. Journalists are even starting to use them to take video for multimedia packages. (hence my interest.) Pretty cool when professional news stations take video on little, inexpensive devices like this (and that the quality is good enough!) Or even on iPhones... it's happening people! Welcome to my obsession with journalism and the media haha...


6. Favorite way to 'scent' your house: I love candles even though they are kind of a hassle but I love the extra scent the flame adds to it. Especially when you blow it out (yes, I am one of those people who will light a match just to blow it out because I like the smell.) I really like those plug-ins from Bath and Body Works, although after a while, the scent kind of dies. And after I clean, I like the give the room a quick spray of air freshener (right now we have "Spring and Renewals" and "Clean Linen" yum)


7. What are you eating for dinner tonight: Oh, apparently tonight was not the night to fill this out. See, last night I only slept for two hours (3-5) so, obviously, I was tired today. So after school I came home and took a nap. After work Seth joined me and we slept til about 8. Then we got up, realized it was late, and just had cereal and sandwiches for dinner. But I usually do make him real food, I promise! Like, for lunch we had leftovers: Tuna Casserole, his mom's recipe. Yummy!


8. Are your toenails painted?: Actually no! I usually Always paint them (because I have dancer feet and think they're ugly.) However, since I took off my nail polish from our wedding, I haven't repainted them. Weird, I've never done that. I'm just giving them some time to heal because nail polish is hard on your nails. And I'm not wearing sandals everyday anymore so, it's ok right?


9. One thing you splurge on even if $ is tight: Good food. I really never could bring myself to live on the starving college student diet of Ramen noodles (although I do really like Ramen.) I NEED fresh fruit and vegetables, the best ingredients, (extra-virgin olive oil vs. cheaper kinds, etc.)sometimes a loaf of sour dough bread, maybe tofu (I like so called "health foods") and occasionally a carton of fresh berries, even if they're out of season and a bit expensive. I justify myself because berries have SO many good things in them, so it's ok right? I just can't bring myself to eat cheap food. And it is kind of sad that it is so much more expensive to eat healthy. But that's a sacrifice I am willing to make.


10. Post the most recent photo of you: My old roommates and I had a girl's night at the mall. We found these cardigans at the Gap for $15! We had all wanted one so we came out with matching cardigans! This is us being manikins, can't you tell?


Tag 8 friends: I'm not sure if I have 8 blogging friends (at least that read this blog.) So, Seth (because he still has yet to write anything on here and I want to see his answers,) Jessica Croft, Briana Shipley, and... ya I think that's about it. Maybe Lauren Shipley if she ever stumbles upon here. How about if you happen to read this blog and see this post consider yourself tagged. There.

Also, Happy Anniversary today Mom and Dad Dickson!!! I hope you both had a wonderful day relaxing and enjoying each other's company. I hope you know how much we love you and are grateful for everything you do for us. We cannot wait to see you at Christmas!

*amber*

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Thanks for participating :) It's always fun to read different answers. And don't worry, Lee has NEVER EVER written on our blog... in one and a half YEARS. I even have to email them to him just so he MIGHT read them. And he thinks he knows me... hehe. jk.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails