Sunday, October 11, 2009

Introducing... The Dicksons!

Warning: LONG POST

Hello out there bloggies! Today, I would like to introduce you to the Dickson family; which currently consists of Seth and Amber (future members to be introduced at a later date.) We were married on August 21st of this year! Anyone who knows me (this is Amber speaking, just so you are aware) knows that I LOVE weddings!!! So when it came time to plan mine, I knew exactly what I wanted and it was SO much fun. Now I know some of you may have the standard questions: how did you meet? Tell us about your first... (insert romantic dating moment here)? How did he propose? etc. etc. Well, as you may notice by the title of this blog, it is INSIDE Happily Ever After. Now we all love those adorable movies where the couple falls in love, has the perfect fairytale story, and the movie ends with them getting married. "And they lived happily ever after. The end" (said in a lovely, soothing British accent.) Well I am here to tell you my friends, the wedding is not the end of the story. In fact, there IS no end. The two statements seem to contradict each other. I tend to believe the "happily EVER AFTER" portion. That means FOREVER! Awww... so romantic right? But what does that really mean? That is my purpose in writing this blog. I hope to write about what happens in this ever after; the good, the bad, the random, and everything else!
So now that that's said, I will not be writing about any of the pre-wedding/ wedding details at this current time. Now I must emphasise, DO NOT FRET MY FRIENDS! I know all of you hopeless romantics like myself just want to see the adorable wedding photos, and don't worry, I will post them along with our romantic courting stories at a later date. For now, i will just write about things that are going on in our lives now. (Not even what happened right after we got married; too much has happened and there is not enough space to write all of that at this current time.

So in the past couple of weeks, we have had two major events in our house. Seth's birthday, and my first time trying Japanese curry.

Seth's birthday was on Sept. 22nd (I know, I'm behind.) The night before, I forgot to set my alarm but somehow my body woke up on its own at 6:00, just like I had wanted to! I snuck out of bed and decorated our apartment.
I then proceeded to the kitchen which was a HUGE mess. Dishes everywhere. I did the dishes (typically his job,) and then started making pancakes. This took several tries because we have really junky pans and they Insisted on sticking, no matter what I did. Plus I'm still getting used to gas stoves so getting the temp. right was tricky. Finally, I was able to salvage enough for a good breakfast. Then I went and woke up my sweetheart to a breakfast of pancakes and fresh strawberries. After breakfast, we got ready and went to school (poor boy, his birthday fell on a Tuesday.) I felt bad that we couldn't really celebrate very well because we had school so after Seth got off work, I took him to the Muse Cafe for lunch. It's a cute little cafe located on the top floor of our university's art museum (which I Love :)) The food is really good and it's a little pricey for us but I decided it was worth it to splurge! After a yummy lunch, Seth had to go to his classes. I headed off to the "library to study"... in reality I headed to the store to pick up the stuff for dinner that I didn't want him to find in our house. After making dinner and dessert (German Chocolate cupcakes- one of his faves and... a special surprise!) I got the presents ready and patiently waited for Seth to get out of class.



Then, I picked him up and immediately made him open presents. (You will see why. Yay, I love birthdays!)

oh...... look how cute he is!!!!!



Opening presents!



He got a transformers coloring book, Hannah Montana glitter crayons (he LOVES Hannah [hehe... love you honey!],) the new Dan Brown book, and......



His very own Special Plate!!!!! This is why we had to open presents first, so he could eat dinner on his new plate :)



Playing with his new toys :)

After presents, dinner was ready! We had lasagna (his favorite,) salad, and mashed red garlic potatoes (also his favorite, I kind of winged the recipe but he seemed to like them.) Then for desert:



"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Sethy, Happy Birthday to you!" yes, I sang to him. Poor boy! And on his birthday!

And everyone knows you can't have cake without ice cream. So I made these little ice cream balls out of mint ice cream and crushed Oreos. They were surprisingly hard to make (kept wanting to melt, etc. geez ice cream,) but they were soooo yummy. Oh, and Seth loves mint and Oreos. So there you go.

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!! I hope you had a good one. Also for his birthday, my family took us to dinner on Friday. We went to Happy Sumo and it was my family's first experience with sushi. Fun stuff! Yummy...

Ok, this post is going wayyyy too long. But last Sunday, Seth finally made me curry. He served his mission in Japan and Japanese curry is what the missionaries eat the majority of the time. I was a little sceptical when I saw that it was brown and just looked like stew, but it was SO good!!! Thank you honey :) We'll have to make it again. Also on the menu with curry was "TIM TAM SLAM!!!" But that's worthy of another post entirely.

Keep following and you will have the opportunity to read about more of the joys of married life! If you have any suggestions for post topics or questions, please leave us a comment. For now, I'm going to peace out for the night. Loves!

*amber*

5 comments:

  1. Yippeeeeeee! Now I can see what you trouble makers are up to! Love you, Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I made it on here :) I'll be adding you guys to my list so I can keep tabs! (Thanks Amber :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I finally found it!! Yay!!

    P.S. I literally laughed out loud at the picture of Seth on the couch with his birthday hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are so stinkin' cute, Ambam! I'm glad we got to hang out the other night. We should totally recreate that experience often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say....the ice cream balls....genius, Amber...

    Cute post, ps!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails