Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oh Yeah...

I forgot. Another thing that drastically helped lift my mood this week was... P90X Yoga!!! Thursday night, we did the P90X yoga workout with some of Seth's old roommates. It was amazing. 


Most yoga videos are pretty tame and not very good to use as a workout. This was one of the best yoga classes I've ever taken. And I didn't even have to pay for it! Tony (the P90X guy) is really good at showing different ways to do poses depending on ability.
Most of all, it just felt good. I've really wanted to start working out again but can't seem to get the motivation. Coming from being a dancer where I do what I love, and it just happens to be a good workout too, it's hard to want to run on a big machine just for fun. Yoga is different though. I've always had a love for yoga. It really is a total mental and physical experience. I think I'm hooked... I might need to start doing yoga every day.

As you probably know, yoga puts a big emphasis on flexibility. There is some strength required too, but yogis understand the need for flexibility, not just bulk. Since I haven't danced for over two years now, it felt so good to stretch out again. I have lost most of my flexibility, but by the end of doing yoga, I was pretty close to being back where I was two years ago :) It felt great. 

Plus, now I'm a little sore and... I know you'll think I'm psycho but... I've really missed the feeling of being sore. It's such a wonderful feeling knowing that you've worked your body hard enough that it needs to rebuild a bit. It is so satisfying.

Ideally, would like to be certified someday so I can teach yoga. Plus, it doesn't hurt that yoga teachers can make pretty good money :)


*amber*

2 comments:

  1. Your not crazy, I like the sore feeling too! :) It hurts like mad, but its good knowing you pushed your body past its comfort zone. Yoga sounds fun... but I have the forces at work against me. I am NOT flexible at ALL. NADDA. Can't even touch my toes. Its sad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails