Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fathers' Day 2010

Fathers' Day weekend was a blast. I actually remembered to snap a few pictures so I thought I'd share.

We went up to my parents' house in the afternoon. When we got to their house, we found a driveway full of Fathers' Day wishes and funny little stick figures drawn with sidewalk chalk. My adorable little cousins stayed the weekend with my family so they'd made a surprise for their dad when he came to pick them up. It was so sweet :)

I worked most of the afternoon on a baking project (that you'll see soon,) then helped my mom, brother, sister, sister's friend, and Seth put together a new picnic table for my dad! My mom got it for him for Fathers' Day. I even got my little cousins to help by telling them to help us unwrap the presents. They tore into that packaging like you wouldn't beleive. And after it was all out of the packaging, I told them that whoever picked up the most packaging material would get to pick their dessert first. The yard was clean in no time. 


Here's the new table. Much nicer than the old one, (which Seth and I will now inherit for our little backyard) and it has more seating and an umbrella.

When dad got home, we had a barbeque for Fathers' Day. It was our first summer barbeque of the year and it was oh so tasty. Homemade burgers, beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, chips, lemonade, watermelon. Mmm... We were stuffed. Apparently not too stuffed though because when I brought out dessert, everyone dug in.


I got this idea from a magazine :) How cool is that??


The steak! Made out of molded caramels. I wanted to make them out of those caramel creams with the white in the middle so it would look like a bone. But we couldn't find them :( The orange sugar is the burning coals.


Hot dogs! Aka Mike and Ike's. The black grill marks are black food coloring applied with a toothpick. Not sharpie like my mom thought. 


And my favorite... Shish kebabs! Made out of caramel and Swedish Fish on toothpicks.


Daddy with his special Fathers' Day dessert.

After the sun went down, we visited for awhile, then rented Alice In Wonderland. My family hadn't seen it yet. If you remember, it's one of my new favorite movies.

Sigh... what a great evening it was. And I know for Seth and me, it was very much needed. 


*amber*

1 comment:

  1. Amber, you are so creative, I LOVE it! I just bought a wicker love-seat for our front porch... how bout you bring your little cousins up this way again hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails