Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Anniversary Goodness

So basically, I am the most spoiled wife ever. Saturday was such a beautiful day... it couldn't have been more amazing.

The first thing we did to celebrate our anniversary was head up to the Salt Lake Temple. We hadn't been to the Salt Lake Temple since our wedding a year ago, so it seemed an appropriate time to make another visit. It was such a wonderful experience and we both enjoyed the remembering the covenants we made to each other. It was the perfect Anniversary activity :)


To find out why the temple is so important to us and our marriage, click on the picture to the right. 


After we finished up at the temple, Seth asked if I wanted to go to Caputo's for dinner. Caputo's is this amazing Italian market in downtown Salt Lake that we discovered earlier this Summer. I am completely smitten and will take any excuse I can to go. After the temple though, I was just in a peaceful, contemplative mood and didn't really feel like going to a bustling marketplace right then, so we ate at the temple and splurged on some yummy pie.


* * *

After that, we were headed home. I was sitting in the car, probably just babbling on about some random topic, when Seth pulled into a parking garage. What?? I had no idea what he was doing. We got out of the car and walked into a building, which I soon came to recognize as an Embassy Suites hotel. (My family has stayed at them on many vacations.) I was completely taken by surprise (even though Seth said I'd had plenty of opportunities to figure it out but was just too naive) and couldn't decide whether to be overjoyed or mad at him. Luckily for him, I chose the former :) 

We got to the hotel right during the Manager's Reception (what is known in other states as cocktail hour, haha) so we snagged some popcorn and pretzels and headed up to our pretty room. We got to go swimming, watch a few movies (with popcorn), hang out together, and really relax. It was only a one night stay, and we weren't very far from home, but it was just the getaway I needed.

In the morning, we went down to the complimentary breakfast which, at the Embassy Suites, includes a chef prepared meal of your choice. We ate omelets, french toast, hash browns, fresh fruit, and hot chocolate to our hearts desire. Mmm... After we checked out, we headed over to Liberty Park. We walked around for a while and just enjoyed the sunshine.


* * *

Thank you so much Seth. This weekend was absolutely perfect. But really, could my husband be any sweeter?

... The answer is yes! When we got home, he hit me with yet another surprise. He got us gift certificates to a nice little spa day! :) We'll each get to spend time in the oxygen bar, then head over to a nice long full body massage, and then try out what is supposedly the world's best massage chair... whatever that means. I am so excited... I've never had a professional massage before so I can't wait!

Mmm... Happy Anniversary Sweetheart. Thank you for everything.
*amber*


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails