Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Becometh as a child..."

So, I'm not sure this is exactly what King Benjamin meant when he said this, but I love acting like a kid. Seth and I have this joke that I am perpetually a four-year-old; and it's true! I love to be silly and giggle and speak in toddler language. I've totally mastered the little girl pout when I'm "sad" about something or have a "boo boo."Sometimes I get a little carried away and Seth has to remind me of my age. But what can I say? I love being a kid!
In all seriousness though, I think it is good to act like a kid sometimes. Being an adult is too stressful and boring. Children always live the moment to its fullest. They are always playing some imaginary game or discovering something new about the world. That is my favorite thing about children. They seem to be fascinated with everything. There is nothing like seeing the amazement in a child's eye when she sees the first snowfall of winter. Or when the leaves on the trees change color, a bug walks across the sidewalk, or a balloon floats up into the sky. Every experience is a new adventure and the simplest game or gesture is the greatest thing in the world. That is something I try to do. Rediscovering the miracles of life is what makes it beautiful. How else can we be truly grateful to our Heavenly Father if we do not really take in all the things He has put in place for us to enjoy?

At this time of year, the colors/smells/feelings of Fall amaze me and I cannot help but rediscover my world. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, I don't really have to take the extra effort to find things to be thankful for because I've been appreciating my blessings every day. I think this is why Autumn is my favorite time of year. More than Spring, to me it is a time of reflection and renewal.

Now that I have attempted to explain why children are so cool and we should all try to be like them, here's the reason I thought of writing this. Seth and I both goof around like kids almost all the time we're home. Sunday night, we wanted to do something fun so we built a fort in our living room. Yes, a fort. I hadn't made one since I was probably in elementary school! But our fort was awesome and we crawled inside and played phase 10. Then when it got late, we decided to go to bed. But first, Seth said he was hungry. So he asked if he could have a spoon full of sugar. I thought he was kidding. No. Dead serous. I know it's a song but... really? I couldn't believe him when he told me he'd actually done it before! I mean, I love sugar too but... plain? I told him no, that was gross so instead he started eating plain chocolate chips (I'm ok with that.) Then the sugar got to his blood and he went crazy. He suddenly got hyper and started bouncing on the bed and wanted more. Keep in mind, this was at about 1 in the morning. It was cute but I was tired, so I told him no, go to bed. I'm going to be such a good mom someday :) haha. What's funny is he's usually the one that has to tell me no.

Anyway, I really enjoyed being in our fort and feeling like a kid. Luckily for me, I am still four so I enjoy being a child every day of my life! (and it's not only with Seth. One time my roommate pointed out that when I eat an ice cream cone I hold it with both hands and sway which makes me look like I really am 4. Yep. Case closed.)

I was going to give a recap of our week... but I don't really remember what happened except study study study (another reason this is such a fun time of year...) As for the rest of the week, It will be even busier than the first half. Tomorrow I'm doing nursery for the other ward's Relief Society activity, Friday I'm having solo practice with my sister, Saturday is Great Grandma Nelson's funeral, and Sunday is Keaton Shoell's farewell. Then next week is Thanksgiving week so there's no telling when I'll be on here next. But until then, Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the world around you!

PS: so I added this pretty font for my post titles but for some reason, my old titles still show up. Anyone know how to fix this? I've tried and Seth has too but we just can't figure it out. I don't want to get rid of my pretty new typeface! Ok, the end.

*amber*

1 comment:

  1. ok, email me and let me know how you did your font. If you did it like I did, I might be able to figure it out, but I might have to get into your html code to fix it for you. I did mine, and worked it out eventually.... plus I would be pleased as punch to fix something SETH couldn't fix... that doesn't happen EVER with computers! BTW, such a cute post :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails