Thursday, November 12, 2009

I love being married... *sigh*


Tonight, Seth made me curry for dinner. Japanese curry, not Indian. If you didn't know, Seth served his mission in Sapporo, Japan (where a new temple was announced last month! Read about it here) and curry is kind of the staple meal for missionaries there. The first time he made it for me, I was a bit skeptical. First of all, the little blocks of curry look like chocolate. Then, once you've made the curry, it just looks like a brown stew (see above.) To be honest, I was doubtful that it could live up to all the hype Seth had given it. Plus, it didn't look at all like what I thought curry should look like. I thought it would be yellow or some lighter color and look, well... more... Asian... However, after my first bite, I had to take this all back. It was very good. Tonight we made it for the second time and I think I've officially become hooked because just the smell of it cooking, which I thought was weird before, was amazing. Even though I wasn't very hungry due to pre-dinner snacking, I ate until I was completely full. Yum. Then we just sat on the luv sac and Seth told me more about his mission. I love hearing about Japan and we hope we can go there together someday. Haha assuming someday we'll actually have some real money ;)

As students at BYU, it is needless to say that we don't have a lot of free time. We are always busy busy busy and there's always more to be done. Sometimes this can be very tiring and makes me start missing Seth. True, we may be sitting only feet from each other in the living room, but we're both so absorbed in other things that it's not really hanging out. I love the rare chances we get to just enjoy each other's company. Tonight was a perfect example of that. Yummy dinner and then relaxing and talking. I realized tonight one of my favorite things is being in our (tiny tiny) kitchen, cooking dinner or doing dishes together and just talking about random things in our day or joking around. It's just so nice to spend time together. And hey, I just love that guy :) Right now, we're back to our separate ends of the living room, eyes glazed from staring at our computers, but I am just so thankful for those moments that we get. We didn't go anything or do anything particularly special, and yet I am completely content and had a beautiful evening.

As for the rest of you, I hope you can take joy in these moments as well. I think sometimes it is too easy to disregard them because we are so busy. What are some of your favorite simple, sweet moments?

Also, tomorrow is Friday. That was a fast week, but huzzah for the weekend! I hope yours is lovely. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I hope you enjoy your weekend away!

*amber*

1 comment:

  1. You totally hit that right on. I just was telling Lee that I can't ever hang out with someone too much, but I can't ever get enough of him. That is the true mark of a good marriage. Being best friends. I am SO happy you write these things down, because it makes me so happy to hear about Seth with such a wonderful gal in his life :)Can't WAIT to see you two at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails