Friday, November 6, 2009

The Big Reveal

Drum roll please... dududududududududududududududududuDUDUDUDUDU! Tadah!!! Yes indeed, we were Mario and Princess Peach. For those of you who don't know, Seth LOVES the game Smash Bro's. And his character is Mario. Mine is actually Kirby, but I decided not to be a big pink blob; as cool as my beloved character is. Instead, I opted for Mario's love interest, Peach. Although I went BLOND and wore ALL PINK which are really... well not at all me, I thought the costumes turned out great!

As noted by my previous post, yes my costume was made out of my sister's old dance costume. Then I found a pink satin sheet that I bought for my bed years and years ago but never ended up using (it served as a makeshift curtain for a while) and used my incredible sewing skills (ha!) to craft a skirt. Then all I had to do was attach my turquoise broach to the front of the dress, fix the turquoise earrings that I made, turn my brother's old frog prince costume crown into a Princess Peach crown, and find some long white gloves at my mom's house. Alas, I did have to buy one thing. The wig, because the blond wig I had belonged to my sister and was too small. So there you go. I actually really liked the wig (as weird as it was to be blond) and some of my family members told me that I should go blond. Um.... no. Thanks. haha

Seth's costume was, strangely, trickier and more expensive. We found the overalls online at JC Penny's because overalls don't exist ANYWHERE anymore! Not even the DI! Then the red shirt and white gloves from Target (thanks mom,) and I bought the hat online (even though, when it came, it wasn't the one I ordered, argh.) For the finishing touches, he wore his brown shoes, I made the little M emblem for the hat, added the cartoon-ish design to the gloves, and put big yellow buttons on the overalls. Oh, and we found the mustache at my mom's house for the party the night before. On Halloween, I drew one on him that looked like the real Mario mustache.

Yep, I love costuming. Alot. I get really into it. I always have my costume picked months before Halloween (if I haven't decided the day after Halloween the year before.) There is one problem however. I wish Halloween came more than once a year. I have SO many costume ideas (that would be so easy!) and no way to use them. Tonight, for example, I realized I could (and did actually) pull together an awesome Audrey Hepburn ensemble using only things I already have!
Problems: Halloween just ended. I already have at least 3 other ideas for next Halloween. But I need to find a place to wear it to! Seth and I were trying to figure out if there was a way we could have a costume party or something.... ugh, it's just too much fun!

Anyway, that's my little shpeell about our costumes. Sorry for the rant, I sort of have a passion for it. Next time, I'll write about what we actually did for Halloween, and maybe post some better pictures of our costumes. Sorry, no pictures of our Halloween party, my camera is dead and her charger cord is missing :( Sad day. Oh, and perhaps next time, I will thrill you all with yet another passionate rant about the sad demise of Halloween. In the meantime, I have a test to study for and a warm bed calling my name. Goodnight, and happy weekend!

*amber*

2 comments:

  1. Amber I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog! Now I get to stalk you and seth 24/7!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOODNESS. You guys totally rule. Pure Genius, Amber, great innovations, and Seth.... you make a brother PROUD Mr. Mario. (Hopefully smash brothers has nothing to do with our occasional butting heads after sharing bunk beds for nearly a thousand years) Next Halloween I'm hiring you both to make ME a costume! I've been a north american bison for like the past 5 years! It's starting to get old! Haha. Love you guys, trevor.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails