Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Get Well Soon

Yesterday, Seth had to have surgery on his foot. It's the fifth time he's had to have this surgery and it's really not a fun one. Just ask him about how it feels to have big needles stuck into your toes. He'll tell you, "It's like death. Like a migraine in your toe. It's the worst pain I've ever felt." I'm actually the one that made him make an appointment to get his toe fixed because it's been pretty bad for awhile. He said he would rather live with an infected toe than go through that procedure again. He keeps threatening to grab my hand and squeeze as hard as he can and scream, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" when he's in pain. I'm still waiting for it. Needless to say, the last two days have not been the funnest.

After the numbness from the surgery wore off, the painkillers (all 3 kinds) didn't really help much so he was in pain most of the night and this morning. Today he stayed home from work and school and had to stay in bed all day. Because he can't really get up, I brought him breakfast in bed. We ate apple streusel muffins and orange juice (yum!) but he still wasn't doing too well. When he does get up to walk around, he limps :( It makes me so sad to see him in pain. This morning when i got home from class, we took the bandages off and soaked his foot. Taking off the bandages was very painful and he almost got sick. Poor guy! So, in an attempt to distract him from the pain, I turned on a movie. It was "The Man Who Knew Too Little," one of his favorites. Then we ate spaghetti for lunch and took a (long) nap.

Really, I just hope he feels better soon because I HATE to see him in pain. And he can't even get up to do normal things like go grocery shopping with me. I miss him. So I decided to write him a poem to make him feel better. Here it is. Get well soon sweetheart! I love you!

*amber*

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amber thats so cute :) I'm glad he has you to take care of him. Its one of my favorite things about being married... when I'm sick, I know Lee will feel sorry for me and take care of me, and I can do the same for him. Tell "Thessss" (as Zoe calls him) to get better. He is lucky to have you for a wife. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails