Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rasperry Cream Filled Valentines Cupcakes!

As I mentioned last time, I was super busy but took a break from studying to make some Valentines goodies. I probably spent more time making these than I should have, but I really like how they turned out.


They were filled with whipped cream and raspberries.


I cut the top off the cupcake, used a fork to make a hole in the middle, then filled it with cream.


Then I made hearts on the top!


I cut tons of hearts out of wax paper and put them on the cupcakes while I dusted them with sifted confectioners sugar. Then, very carefully, peeled off the papers and... Voala!

(I was thinking, wouldn't these be so good for a baby shower or bridal shower or something? You could cut different shapes out of the wax paper depending on the occasion. You could even dye white cake any color you wanted! Hm... might have to do that someday.)


I made vanilla, red velvet, and chocolate. I made a test batch last week and made lemon cupcakes. The lemon and raspberries together were SO good.


Seth loved them. He at a ton... literally. One ton of delicious cupcakes. But they were baked with love. I think that cancels out calories or something if I remember right...


A broken heart.


Seth told me he had a broken heart.


This may have been when he found out I was taking some to work the next morning. Look at that sad face!!! Makes me want to cry.



And now, Happy Valentines Day to you all. I hope you have a great one. Whether you have a sweetheart to share it with or not (trust me, I completely understand that situation) take this extra opportunity to express your love to everyone you love. Parents, siblings, friends, roommates, children, grandparents, pet hamsters; whoever it may be that holds that special place in your heart.


Now, I'm going to get ready for our date tonight. Seth is surprising me. The anticipation is killing me!!! I better get out of here.

Loves!


*amber*

3 comments:

  1. Oh have fun you cute love birds!!! Lee and I have made a week of it since its falling on a Sunday... but I think I have liked it that way :D And your cupcakes look like heaven. If only you guys lived closer... I could come taste all your sweet concoctions! (this is Megan, not Lee.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look deathly. I love reading your blog, it is always an entertaining break from studying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh also.. can I have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails