Sunday, February 28, 2010

February Flavorites!

February has been a marathon month for me. School has been so crazy and I feel like I never have a minute to stop and breathe. I don't even have time to be stressed :) but really, I really hope things lighten up soon. 

Usually February is a depressing month. I can't stand the lingering cold, the nasty dirty snow on the sides of the road that has crusted over because it's so old, and the pollution that just hangs over the valleys as thick as smoke... gross. BUT, this February has been different for some reason. Yes, I am so ready for Spring to come. But there have been a few little things this month that have kept my spirits up and my sanity intact. 

So I now introduce my February Flavorites! Yes I know I spelled favorite wrong. A lot of the things that kept me happy are food related :) so they are my flavorites. 

10.The fact that Seth hasn't been called into work to do snow removal at three in the morning very much this month. That only happened once. Of course it was the night we went to bed at two thirty...

9. Shopping at the DI. But what else is new. I'll have to do a tribute to thrift shopping post one of these days. Seriously, I made a killing the last few trips.

8. Cooking. Sometimes it's hard to plan and have time to cook real meals with such a crazy schedule. Sometimes it's just easier to make spaghetti or something. But I really do enjoy making good dinners when I can. Especially Sunday dinners. Tonight we had teriyaki salmon and pears and cottage cheese with sparkling limeade. Not the greatest meal ever, but it was yummy and fun to make.

7. Choreographing dances. This year, I am choreographing my sister's solo again, as well as a group lyrical dance. Practices are usually early Saturday morning, but I miss dance so much that rehearsals are great  because I can immerse myself in that world again. Plus I need as many creative outlets as I can get.

6. Finding out that I qualify for a clinical research study to get my wisdom teeth out. I'm going in Wednesday to get them out and, although I'm nervous because I've never had a medical procedure or surgery of any kind, I'm getting three hundred dollars for it. I figure that's better than paying fifteen hundred dollars to get them out. And I'm getting all four out which is more than some of the other patients can say.

5. Lemon and Ginger Herbal Tea with honey. I spent most of the month sick and this stuff got me through most of my miserably cold and stuffy mornings. It's pretty strong but once I got used to the flavor, I couldn't stop drinking it. And it smells really good. REALLY good. I'm tempted to put the tea bags around my house as potpourri. 
4. Cutting hair. I learned how to cut Seth's hair so now I can do it for free! Then, Friday I decided I was sick of my bangs. So I cut them. Now you might say, "Amber, you only get like one real haircut a year. Don't you cut your bangs all the time?" Yes, you would be right about that. I am way too cheap to pay for a trim for my bangs. However, I got home from school and said, "I think I want to try straight bangs." So I went into the bathroom and cut them. Yes, it was impulsive and yes, Seth thought I was crazy. But I actually kind of like them. I'll have to go to a professional and get them done for real one of these days but for now, I'm enjoying it.

3. My job. I work for BYU Broadcasting and I like it way better than my last job. Everyone there is great and even though work should probably stress me out more because I'm already so busy from school, it actually helps me relax and take it easy for a few hours every day. I mean, we do do work, but it's not just tedious work and the atmosphere is so much fun.

2. The cupcakes I made for Valentines Day. These made the number 2 spot because they were definitely one of the very best things this month. No joke. They were so delicious, I might end up making them for every holiday or something. We went to a cupcake cafe for fhe last week and although the gourmet cupcakes were good, I honestly would have rather had one of the ones I made. I'm addicted.

1. The excuse to spend more time with my dear husband. Aside from all the craziness of school, February gave us a few oportunities to have fun together. Valentines Day, recreating our first date, and our six month anniversary were the three things that made February the very best. 
 We also had some good game nights. I like to make things out of the Settlers pieces...

So February, it seems you've redeemed yourself. Hopefully you'll rise up to the occasion again next year. 

* * *
Now March, you've got a lot to live up to.

Things I'm looking forward to in March:
  • Getting these random teeth taken out of my face.
  • Going to Idaho this weekend to see my sister-in-law's new baby, Hailey Darlene Leavitt. 
awww...

  • Competition season starting for my dancers.
  • Going to St. George for a weekend of competitions and relaxation in the sun (or at least a warmer climate than here).
  • Being almost done with this crazy semester.
  • Saint Patrick's Day! Best day ever when everyone wears green... ah. Such a good color.

* * *

After further evaluation, it looks like March will be even more hectic than February. Bring it on March... I'm ready for you.


(I hope...)


*amber*


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails