Thursday, December 16, 2010

Enchanted

Some of you may not know that I started my college career as a dance minor at BYU. Dance has always been an important aspect of my life, but I found the dance program here missing something. If you're a BYU dancer, I have nothing against you. There are many amazingly talented dancers here. The problem was I just didn't feel the sense of artistry that I so love in dance. I didn't feel, in my experience, that any boundaries were being pushed.

That is why I was so delighted when I saw this. It was a collaboration between BYU animation professor Ryan Woodward and dance instructor Kori Wakamatsu.

(Please watch in full screen.)




Thought of You from Ryan J Woodward on Vimeo.


At last! That was beautiful. No, it wasn't the most technical or challenging dance, but it is so refreshing to see someone stepping out of the normal bounds of the art of dance, and taking it to a new medium.

You can read the whole story here.

And here some behind the scenes footage:



Thought of You - Behind the Scenes Preview - ROUGH CUT from Cambell Christensen on Vimeo.


Bravo BYU! You've made me very proud. And inspired.


*amber*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails