Wednesday, March 31, 2010

(Almost) April Showers

Wow, it has been over three weeks since I have written anything! I didn't even realize it because life has been so crazy lately. LOTS has happened since my last post... but I doubt I can even remember it all. So I will leave you all in suspense of what we have been up to for three long weeks.

Just kidding. Updates will come. Eventually. I have some recent adventures to tell you all about.

And, by the time I get around to updating on those, I'll probably have many more stories to tell. This weekend promises to have lots going on. It's Easter, General Conference, and my birthday... all on the same day! Whew! I'm tired already.


* * *


Today, you do not get the updates. Seth and I will be spending the rest of the evening starting our spring cleaning while watching a movie. I'm actually really excited... for deep cleaning??! Sh... don't tell Seth. He might start getting ideas ;)

Yay for Spring. That beautiful time when the world freshens up after a long stuffy Winter, and we can too.


* * *


Lately, the weather here in Utah has been beautiful. Lots of sunshine has been peeking its way into our little town. (And the weekend when it wasn't, we conveniently were in St. George! Haha!)

Today however was cold and grey. (ps, how do you spell grey? I think it's lame that some words have two different spellings. I personally prefer the e.) After all the sunshine and temperatures in the 70s, people were getting upset with Mother Nature today. But I loved it...

As I was walking to my Italian class, I noticed all the miserable, cold-looking faces. What a stark contrast to the faces I saw a couple days ago! Then, their faces were shining as bright as the sun! So I'm walking to class and I think to myself "This is a bummer day," and then I realize, "Wait, I'm actually in a really good mood. The weather isn't getting me down."

And thus, I had an epiphany. I don't hate the rain. I actually really love it. Besides the fact that it makes my (naturally curly) hair go crazy, and makes me cold, there is something really appealing to me about drizzly grey skies. Is that weird?

I find a rainy day really charming actually. Sun is great and beautiful, but a nice brisk day can be so refreshing. I think it's because all of the happy and bright things stand out more on a grey day.

I will demonstrate with a picture:
(Of course, I picked a photo of Zooey Deschanel. What can I say? I'm slightly obsessed with her as an actress.)

Now look at this picture. What is so appealing about it? Yes, she is dressed cute, but that's not the point. It's really her inner confidence and happiness shining through. She's not beaming at the camera, but her posture and the look in her eyes tell us that the drizzly day isn't getting her down. She's happy with who she is and it is able to shine through.

Rainy days make the warm warmer, a hug more comforting, and home cozier and more inviting.

Am I crazy? Probably. But hey, we already knew that right?

I do not, however, like the smell of rainy days. That is one thing I have never gotten about people. The rain (at least in Utah) smells like worms. Yuck!


*amber*

2 comments:

  1. I love the smell of rain! Only at the beginning though. Not the after worm smell. I do notice that things are brighter on rainy days. Thanks for showing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I like the smell of fresh air coming into my house after a good rain, but I HATE the smell of someone who has been out in it. They smell like wet mushy grass. Don't tell Lee I said that, he doesn't know it bugs me.... yet. So glad you are posting again :) I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails