Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Yesterday we finished cleaning out our old apartment. We brought the rest of our stuff to our new house and scrubbed til the old one was sparkling clean for the new tenants.

I have to admit, there were a few days there where I was really sad to be moving. When we first moved in to our old house, it was really gross... even the paint colors were HORRIBLE. Poop brown for the bedroom, poop green for the living room, dark dark purple for the kitchen, and old orange tile in the bathroom. No exaggerations. We did a lot to fix the apartment up. Eventually, we got it to feel like home. As little and old as it was, I grew to like the poor-chic charm of our apartment.

Ever since we moved in, I've regretted not taking before and after pictures. Because really, it was nasty. Now, I wish I had a least taken after pictures. But I never did. 
 
As we were moving out, I got really sad and sentimental and wished I had gone through and taken lots of pictures or something so we'd have a record of the first place we lived after we got married... I'm still a little sad I didn't do that. I waited until it was too late. So now, all I have are the pictures we took so we could post the apartment on Craigslist. Not very good, the house is messy, they don't show every room, and we've already started packing a little so things aren't set up like they usually were. Sigh... oh well. I'll have to let it go. 

Goodbye old house.

Now... Hello new house! 

True, I will miss our old place. Mainly because it was our first place. But it is now time to move on. And I'm ready. Our new house is wonderful. MUCH more space. 

Things that make our new house SO much better:
Walking distance to campus. Covered parking. Close to lots of our friends. BIG kitchen!!! (Look at the kitchen picture above. That's pretty much the whole kitchen.) Closet space. Cheaper rent and utilities. No popcorn ceiling. Neutral paint on the walls. 

Only downsides so far:
The shower is a bit small. And the apartment is always really cold... but that will be good in the Summer right?

Yes, I love our new places. There are still boxes everywhere and it's more like we're camping than really living in a house at this point, but I already feel so much more at home here. There is just a good vibe in this house. It's a good feeling :)

So now, I'll take a deep breath, and dive into setting up our new life here.

:)


*amber*

1 comment:

  1. Change is always hard, whether good or bad. I remember when we moved out of my parents house (after living there for a few weeks when we returned from texas) and we moved into our new apartment. I cried. I CRIED after moving into my OWN space! Totally silly, but its always a little emotional, even when the change is so much better :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails