Saturday, April 10, 2010

Simple Summer Snack

I am so ready for Summer food. Fresh fruits and vegetables straight from the gardenr. No more heavy, thick comfort foods. Creative salads. Yes, my body is ready for it. I'm already craving Summer food.

Unfortunately, Spring hasn't quite his Provo. It's gotten close a few times and we can definitely sense it coming. And then Mother Nature will say "Just Kidding!" and plop us right back in the middle of winter. Come on Spring... I want to start growing our own tomatoes, green beans, and fresh basil.

Even though Summer's not here yet, and the days are still pretty chilly, (even when it's sunny) I was really craving Summery food yesterday, so I whipped up this simple little concoction with leftovers from our fridge. Mmmmm... totally hit the spot. 

Below are my easy step-by-step instructions. Follow carefully, this can be a complex recipe... (haha not at all. That's what I love about Summer food. So simple and so packed with flavor)


Here's what you do:
  • Take out a tortilla (would also be really good with a whole wheat one, but we just had plain ol' flour ones)
  • Spread fat-free cream cheese all over the tortilla
  • Lay slices of turkey sandwich meat in a circle so they cover most of the tortilla (I used about 5-6 slices)
  • Cut about 1/3 cucumber into paper-thin slices
  • Lay the cucumbers on the turkey
  • Sprinkle with feta cheese
  • Roll tightly into a wrap
  • If desired for an appetizer, cut into slices and seal closed with toothpicks
  • Enjoy! 

 Random, but just thought I would share. Come on Summer! (or Spring would work too...)

*Sigh*




*amber*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails